Sacred Christmas Music
A two-thousand year journey in magnificent color and sound about the history of Christmas music.
Highly Educational and Entertaining. Increase your knowledge about Christmas music, its origin and how it progressed from the early years of Christianity to the 20th century, and learn about Latin hymns, Gregorian chant, motets, polyphonic instrumentation, and carols.
Beautiful Treasury of Art. (Click here for samples) Experience the color of magnificent works of art by Fra Angelico, Hans Memling, Jan Van Eyck, Raphael, Jean Fouquet, Correggio, El Greco, Pieter Bruegel the Elder, and ancient manuscript illuminations from the great libraries of Paris and London.
Classical Music Performances. Enjoy the majestic music of the Gloria, Kyrie, O Magnum Mysterium, Messiah, The Lord’s Prayer, and glorious motets, hymns, and carols performed by world renowned choirs and orchestras – the Vienna Boys Choir, and Placido Domingo, the Philadelphia Orchestra and Mormon Tabernacle Choir, the Harvard Men’s Glee Club, and English Baroque Soloists and Monteverdi Choir.
Religious Heritage. A unique perspective on Christmas music’s religious moorings since the early centuries of Christianity, and how the Christian Church made major contributions to the advancement of Western Music.
Magnificent Package. Here’s an opportunity to own one of the most important collections of sacred Christmas music ever assembled that lavishly fuses History, Art, and Music in a special book.
Quintessential Collection. A valuable addition to any Christmas music library looking to acquire
some of the greatest music from antiquity.
2-in-1 Special Collection: $19.95
Fabulous trove of 53 color plates, including magnificent fine art and breath-taking manuscript illuminations by some of the greatest artists the Western World has ever known.
- Lyrics of all vocal titles.
- Sensational CD of Sacred Classics.
Author: Ronald M. Clancy
Publisher: Sterling Publishing Co.
SACRED TITLES include:
- Hört zu ihr lieben Leute (Praetorius)
- Veni, Emmanuel (O Come, O Come Emmanuel)
- Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring (J.S. Bach)
- Concerto Grosso in G Minor, Op.6/8 (Corelli)
- O Magnum Mysterium (Victoria)
- KYRIE (Palestrina)
- Gloria (Joaquin Des Prez)
- Gregorian Chant – Gradual: Tecum Principium
- Messiah: For Unto Us a Child Is Born (Handel)
- Gregorian Chant – Alleluia: Dominus Dixit
- Anima Nostra (Michael Haydn)
- Panis Angelicus (Franck)
- Messiah: Hallelujah Chorus (Handel)
- The Lord’s Prayer (Malotte)
- Hodie Christus Natus Est (Sweelinck)
- Silent Night
TOTAL TIME: 67 minutes